Saturday, July 23, 2011

State License Plates Part 6: Massachusetts

What’s the first thing that pops into your head when you hear Massachusetts? I think America. Red. White. Blue. Revolution. Patriot. The Shot heard ‘round the world. Bam, that’s the beginning of how our nation came to be.

The two times that I have been to Massachusetts, I have enjoyed it. Having said that, it was the Summer/late Spring and the weather was kind enough to oblige to my sight seeing. I don’t do Winter with feet of snow and hail the size of kumquats. Nor do I do Summer with 80% humidity.

mass

Massachusetts was accepted as a state on February 6, 1788, although some might not consider Massachusetts a state being that it’s the “Commonwealth of Massachusetts” but I bet those are the same people who think Greedo shot first.

Simple design here using the red, white, and blue effectively but the blue is lighter with a hint of gray. The red, too, isn’t too brazen and is a more subdued/softened red. I think it works. Then there’s the slogan “The Spirit of America” – which according to some research is from a 1980’s tourism jingle. Now, I have it on good authority from an inside source that if your license plate holder covers up “The Spirit of America” during a vehicle inspection then your vehicle will not pass inspection. “Spirit of America” huh? Sounds more CCCP than USA.

Not much else to report here, it’s simple but dull at the same time with no image to liven things up. I’m not an advocate for images on plates but something a little something can improve a plate. Here, I think it could work, maybe the original 13 Colonies American Flag somewhere to tie in that colonial America/Revolutionary War era that was crucial to Massachusetts and our nation. I give it a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment