Sunday, April 17, 2011

State License Plates Part 4: Georgia

[After a bit of a hiatus I have returned with more]

It seems rather odd that the 4th state admitted into the Union was a state that was someplace other than the Northern Atlantic seaboard, but here were are.

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Georgia? Ray Charles? Peaches? The Braves? “Tara”? Well, only one of those shows up on the state license plate and I assure you it’s not the “Tara”. It’s a peach, duh. I mean it’s ‘The Peach State’ for a reason.

georgia

Plain white background with raised black font really makes the letters and numbers pop. I feel that the Georgia DMV or whoever designs these things really wanted some symmetry so they looked for the biggest font they could use to fit ‘GEORGIA’ in between the two holes at the top of the plate. Then in an afterthought they realised that this is the 21st century and added the ‘.gov’ to show that they have a website. Classic.

A peach alone would have sufficed for the plate but they decided to stick the state in the middle but have it a bit blurred out and obscured by the peach as if to say the peach is greater than the state. I do like the realism in the peach design with the tip at the bottom and the rounded top with the leaf sticking out. It lets me know that it’s a peach and not some other fruit. But it’s hard not to think of ‘Face/Off’ and Nicolas Cage saying ‘Peach, I could eat a peach for hours’ whenever I see a peach. But that’s just me. A simple, yet effective plate I give it an A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment