Friday, March 1, 2013

It's March Bitches

You know what that means?



That's right, by the end of this month people (including myself) will become consumed by college basketball. I love college basketball. I always have and I always will. It just has something that the NBA doesn't. Passion. You see the guys out there playing their guts out for their school...or to showcase their talent for the NBA. Either way, they're playing hard and the game isn't dominated by dunks. There is more guard play and perimeter play - which is what I enjoy in basketball. Sure, I love a good dunk, but I really love a good picket fence, upsets (Go Broncos) and of course the buzzer beater.

I know there are some out there that only follow college basketball when the tournament starts, and that's OK, but it really bugs me when people say people "Don't care" about the regular season. How about this season? There hasn't been a dominant and true #1 all season. Indiana? Beaten. Michigan? Beaten. Duke? Beaten. Syracuse? Beaten. Yes, every team has been beaten but this regular season has been as unpredictable as ever. That makes for an even more unpredictable March Madness. We should see more brackets like the one above because of this.

I'm a fan of chaos when it comes to March Madness. I want the upsets and Bracket Busters. Sometimes I do research, sometimes I just guess, sometimes I do a mascot battle to determine a winner. Whatever the case, it's just fun picking the games and seeing schools like Davidson and VCU go against the likes of a Duke and Michigan State, perennial powerhouses, and win.

I'm not going to make any predictions here, because conference tournaments still have to be played and those can have a significant impact on the field but I am just getting prepared for an awesome March.

No comments:

Post a Comment