Wednesday, February 27, 2013

From the WTF File

I'm going to revamp this segment I created when I first started this blog of mine. I don't know what exactly I am going to revamp, but I'll do it. I guess the first thing to do was update the jpg...in fact that is how I will revamp it.

Now that that's done I can focus on things that annoy me. This new entry will be a bit short but that's only because I'm just getting my feet wet again.

In this edition of the 'WTF File' I turn to something I heard/saw on the news last night. It was only for a brief moment but what was said caught my ears and made me laugh. I was doing that crossword puzzle while I was eating dinner and I overheard a news reporter do a lead-in for a story later on that night. It went something along the lines of "I'm [insert reporter name here] and tonight I'm taking you behind the scenes of the hit show 'Smash' tonight at 11."

I laughed.

I really don't think anyone believes 'Smash' lives up to its name. It seemed to start out strong and had the Spielberg name attached to it but I never caught a single second of it. Then I read that people were 'hate-watching' it because it was so bad. I already dumped 'Glee' so why would I pick up another musical show? Sure the network had to fill some airtime and try and pump some publicity into their own show but, to me, it came off as desperate. WTF indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment