Thursday, February 21, 2013

State License Plates Pt. 14: Vermont

Vermont was admitted into the Union on March 4, 1791. I bet that was a good vintage for maple syrup. I mean, that's what Vermont is know for out of everything else. It's our leading producer of the sweet nectar and damn does it taste great. I enjoy REAL maple syrup more than anything over my waffles and bacon. The buttery/flavoured stuff is OK in a pinch but I prefer the real thing.

Here's a fun fact about Vermont: It's the only state in the New England region NOT bordering the Atlantic Ocean. Fascinating....


If you didn't know Vermont was the Green Mountain State - you do now. You cannot miss this plate, as it compares to the others we've seen thus far. There isn't a whole lot going on here except for the green...and white...and the maple tree in the upper left. I like the font of 'Vermont' and I also like how there is a separation between the numbers and letters with the rest of the plate. It draws your focus to those numbers and letters. Instead of making it just a green blob with white lettering they changed it up a bit and added borders which I appreciate. The rest of the plate is standard state license plate stuff which brings it down a few letter grades. Had that maple tree been right in the middle of the numbers and letters I might be inclined to give it an A but as it stands, I give it a C+.

No comments:

Post a Comment