Friday, February 4, 2011

Jesse James moves on, so have I

It’s a match-made in ink.

Known Nazi cos-player Jesse James recently announced that he is engaged to wed reality TV star Kat Von D. James said that 2010 was the “best year of [his] life because [he] fell in love with [his] best friend.” So Sandra Bullock wasn’t your best friend? What about Janine Lindemulder, your first wife with with whom you share a child? I guess they were mere acquaintances and not friends.

I’ll be honest, when I first heard of Jesse James, I thought of the original American outlaw, train robber, and ultimate murder victim. Someone of actual interest and significance. Not a guy who fixes up motorcycles and goes through women like Jocelyn Wildenstein goes through plastic surgeons. So to hear that the namesake of an important American is now more (in)famous is a tad insulting. But hey, that’s pop culture.

Is this news really that shocking? I mean this is coming from the guy who had relations with a woman who has the nickname “Bombshell”. I am not really sure she understands what a bombshell is but I can surmise what her name means: Bomb, yes, but in the destructive sense. Shell, I can only assume it is hollow up in the cranium (why else would she have so many tattoos). Clearly the man has a type.

Who are you kidding Jesse James, proclaiming "I have Never Felt so Loved! I'm The Luckiest (man) in the World!" Of course you’re the luckiest man in the world, you found a woman with no short term memory. A female Memento. Except Carrie-Anne Moss is still stuck in The Matrix and Joe Pantoliano isn’t pulling any strings. You are.

Am I saying that I wish ill upon the newly engaged? No, far from it. I like seeing people happy. I think some people deserve each other. No matter how crazy they might be. Just please stay out of my line of sight so I can see things of actual importance going on in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment