Wednesday, February 2, 2011

State License Plates Part 2: Pennsylvania

Let me start off by saying something: I am not a huge fan of this state. This state has single handedly produced a team that trounced my team twice (in a row, to add insult to injury) in the post-season only to leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth and disdain for all of it’s citizens. This state has also given me a basketball team to cheer for (even thought I don’t really like the NBA), I don’t have the answer for that but it has something to do with not liking the teams I have in my region. That being said, this state is crucial to our nations history. Ben Franklin, 1776, Independence Hall, William Penn, the Liberty Bell, Gettysburg, ‘Rocky’, the Steelers, etc.

Pennsylvania:

penn

Pennsylvania became a state a mere five days after Delaware in 1787. But enough history!! Let’s get to the plate. The state colors are blue and gold (similar to Delaware… how original) and you can see the colors border the top and bottom of the plate. It’s a nice touch, simple, but effective. Pennsylvania is known as the ‘Keystone State’ and that’s why there’s a blob in the middle of the plate. When I’m driving and looking forward at the plate all I see is a blob. It’s not until you get close enough that you see it’s a keystone. Clever…? It is better than this 2000 version that is even more of a blob but they should have stuck with the outlined version to make the keystone a more prominent feature.

With the advent of technology it was bound to catch up to our cars. I just never thought it would hit license plates. The ‘visitPA.com’ at the bottom is trying a bit too hard to get me to go there and wouldn’t the people buying these plates and putting them on their cars already live there? They don’t need to visit. They probably want to get away. There’s only so much cheesesteak, Hershey’s chocolate, and Quakers one can take right?  So telling the people who buy your plates to visit a state they already live in is like having a horse eat hay, it already does it every day. I give this plate a high C-.

No comments:

Post a Comment