Wednesday, April 7, 2010

From the "What the F@*%?!" file


Let me start this off by saying I love Cartoon Network. I enjoy "Adult Swim" (if I don't fall asleep) and I used to tune in to watch "Dexter's Laboratory" , "Dragon Ball Z", "Gundam Wing", "Samurai Jack", "Ed, Edd, and Eddy", and even "The Powerpuff Girls". But something strange has happened to my beloved network. They started putting live action shows on. Doesn't that go against what your network is named for? In other words, I find it to be down right blasphemous.

There is one show in particular that I decided to watch and see what this live action on Cartoon Network was all about. This show was "Dude, What Would Happen?". This show has three "friends" (I assume they just picked three kids randomly out of a casting call because they don't look or act like friends at all) "come up" (I assume the show's producers do this) with ideas for stupid/"scientific"(I assume they've taken a science course) things to do.

This episode in particular had the bros (yes, they act like bros & yes, those are them in the photo) talking about fashion and how they need to get in on the fashion scene. They start discussing what kind of "gear" (yes they said gear) they would need to look "fly" when they went to the beach. They then decided that the guy with the sickest colors around but go no attention for it was the ice cream man. I initially thought "OK, they'll use the colors from the truck to create some clothes." Nope. They show up wearing all white clothes, and sandals to a gravel laden back alley complete with old dumpsters and an old ice cream truck. The ice cream man was sitting on top of the truck with items: soda, milk shakes, and melted ice cream. The bros planned on standing underneath the ice cream man and have him dump whatever item that wanted on their white clothes to get them colored.

The first bro got milkshakes, then performed a mock catwalk towards the other bros. The second bro got soda and modeled his colors and then the third bro go ice cream and modeled his new look. They gave each other scores out of ten and commented on how the colors were changing on the ice cream because it was still dripping - and they thought that was cool. There next idea was the burn their clothes to get a singed look - while wearing them. They wore protective suits but just as the flamethrower started burning the clothes I turned it off. I was done.

Not only are they wasting food, drink, and perfectly good clothes, they come off as D-Bags doing it. There is nothing cool about what they were doing. Nor are they cool. I understand Cartoon Network wanting to branch out in their programming, but at what cost? I am done with this show, but I will still watch Cartoon Network in the future to try and cleanse my pallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment